Как жить а не выживать в кризис (Аргентина, FerFal)

О том, как выжить в городе и промышленных зонах, при утрате инфраструктуры или ведении боевых действий.
Ответить
Предвестник

Как жить а не выживать в кризис (Аргентина, FerFal)

Сообщение Предвестник »

Некоторые представляют себе что в оконцове все сведется к ахметке и хозяйкам и совершенно напрасно. Недавно набрел я на один ресурс и поделюсь с вами примерным переводом самых жизнестойких статей Ферфала. с парой дополнений от себя. Перевожу очень примерно, в основном для смысла, так что просьба не закидывать тапками. Для самых интересующихся прилагается оригинальный английский текст.

Начнем с интересного и важного.

Примерный список подвязок.
Вспоминаем что Шлахтер не зря говорит о России как о стране связей. Где связи решают больше чем пачка зеленых бумажек.
Не обязательно быть лучшим другом, требуется быть достаточно близким, чтоб просить об одолжении и быть готовым сделать то же самое.

Доктор/Фармацевт

Важно иметь человека, которому можно доверять в вопросах лечения.
Спросите его о выходных и детях, опять же вы не набиваетесь в друзья просто наводите мосты, чтоб можно было просить об одолжении или медикаментах. Так же не лишним будет телефонный номер. К слову над этим надо работать прямо сейчас.
Фарсацевт, же при хороших отношениях может продавать все что нужно даже без рецепта.

Полиция.

В целях получения информации о происходящем в округе, быстрого реагирования в случае необходимости, а так же некоторой дополнительной обеспокоенности о вашем доме. Так же в случае самообороны закончившейся стрельбой, полицейский на вашей стороне спасет вас от многих проблем. Собственно поэтому нужно быть с ними в хороших отношениях.

Адвокат.
(как говорится у Шлахтера-от тюрьмы и сумы хранит хороший адвокат) этот человек очень важен для вас.

Человек с черного/серого рынка.

Он может сохранить вам много денег, а так же помочь достать нечто дефицитное.

Брокеры обменщики.

Ферфал знает троих брокеров, к которым ходит по валютным вопросам, и когда один из них пытается его наколоть, он идет к другому, имея таким образом более менее нормальный уровень потерь на сделках. Речь идет о купле-продаже долларов, песо золота и ювелирке.

Торговцы оружием.
Так же несколько. Походы поиски лучшего предложения и в то же время поддержание хороших отношений со всеми (то есть покупки). Таким образом получается узнавать о хороших сделках и предложениях, что так же помогает в поиске нужных вещей.

Рабочий.
Как правило, ребята, работающие со сталью, кожей, пластиком, деревом. Помогают осуществлять разные работы.

Коллектор.

Очень трудно собирать ренту или долги когда половина людей в стране сидит без денег. Поэтому и нужен такой человек.
Не будьте агрессивным маньяком, вам будет нужна убедительность, то есть способность получить деньги без вреда для должника. Старайтесь придерживаться закона.

Слесарь.
То же что и с рабочим, но он вам будет нужен для работ по металлу. А так же работ с оружием.

Фермер/крестьянин.

Человек который может достать свежей еды.

Чиновник
Да это то же самое что спать с врагом, но знающий секреты «Темной стороны силы» может спасти вас от многих проблем в том числе от проблемы месячного/годового ожидания, просто упомяните.

Как делать «друзей»?

Старайтесь говорить дружелюбно, попробуйте понять их и говорить на их языке, даже если нести они будут полную чушь.

Теоретически судья будет бесценен (Ферфал ставит выше доктора по важности) Может помочь при проблемах с законом, в частности в случае самообороны. Конечно часть со стрельбой и оружием самая интересная, но важно так же слезть с крючка. Далее приводится рассказ о человеке который был осужден за то что рассрелял двух воров, вломившихся в его дом. Осудили его по причине того что часть пуль пришлась на спину одного из нападавших, что было расценено как превышение.
В принципе от этого может уберечь знакомый полицейский.

Так же разные благотворительные общества.

Наличие группы людей желающих помочь особенно важно, когда  ваша специальность не узкая и еще 50 человек готовы делать ту же работу.

Во время перемен так же Шлахтер говорит есть несколько путей.
Один из них уметь делать что-то что не умеют делать многие.

-----------------------------------------------------------

List of People to be Friends with

This has been on my mind for a while now, and whenever I thought about how long the list would be, I got tired before starting so I never got around to do it.
But I guess it is important, it does make life easier, and it may make the difference in other, more critical matters.
The list has no particular order of importance, though everyone can well imagine that some “contacts” are more critical than others.

When the word “survivalist” is mentioned, most people imagine the bearded hermit living in the middle of nowhere, caressing his shotgun while he giggles like a lunatic. Or at the other end of the spectrum, some guy tightly winded up, that cant keep a normal conversation for 5 minutes without talking about the latest conspiracy theory, such as the relationship between Area 51 …Illuminati …Teletubbies …

Ok, so no. You need to be an outgoing person, someone that knows how to make acquaintances, if not friends.
You don’t need to be best buds, you wont be giving away your daughter for crying out loud, all you need is to be nice enough so as to be able to ask for a favor if you ever need one, and be ready to do the same in return.

Doctor/Pharmacist: Should be pretty obvious. You need someone that you can trust for health matters. But try going a bit further. You may one dat need something more than the average patient(doc relationship.
Ask about his/her weekend, how the kids are. Again, you aren’t looking for a best friend, just to knock down the barrier in case you ever have to ask for a favor, ask for some extra subscription meds, antibiotics.
Having a good relationship with someone that can get you meds is something you should try working on right now, at the very least try to be in good terms with the pharmacist guy.

The guy in the pharmacy near by will sell me almost everything, even without a doctor’s note.

It’s also important to have a good relationship with a doctor in case you need to ask for help during weekends, holydays, getting his/her cell number, etc.

Cops: You need them to know what’s going on, sometimes stuff that doesn’t get spread through the news to avoid panic, or simply because of censorship. You’ll know what’s really going on in your neighborhood by talking to your local police.

You need to be in good terms with them so that they respond fast during emergencies, watch over your house with at least a bit of extra interest.
If you end up shooting in self defense, a cop friend in your district may save you a LOT of trouble.
I know of a case where it made the difference, in an attempt of robbery, a switchblade next to the downed bad guy’s body…yup, you definitely need a cop on your side.

A lawyer: Hey, when you need one you’ll need him bad. Have a good one and his number always handy. Try dropping an accountant to the mix to.

Someone in the black/gray market: He can save you a lot of money. And when things start getting either hard to find or too expensive, he’s the guy you’ll want to speak with.

Currency broker: Someone that buys and sells different currencies or precious metals.
I have 3 guys from which I buy/sell. When one tries to screw me over, I go to the other one, that way none of them things he’s got me tied, so I always end up getting a more or less fair deal.
These guys buy and sell pesos, Euros, USD, reales (Brazil) gold, silver, and even jewelry gold, having market values for all of them.

Gun dealers: Pretty similar to the previous one. I have couple with whom I deal most often. I deal with the one that gives me the best deal, but I try to distribute the shopping as well as I can, to keep the “friendship” up, so I’ll know of any good deals either one has to offer, the kind that only “customers” get to know of.
Found some pretty cool stuff thanks to that.

Artisan / Craftsman: To help you on various projects. Hopefully it will be someone that works well with steel, leather, cordura, and plastic.
He can fix gear for you, make equipment up that you might have thought of, or designed yourself.

Collector: Sometimes you need a bit of extra leverage, and it’s work you wont want to do yourself.
Believe me, it’s pretty hard to collect when almost ? the country is broke.
So this isn’t just a Hollywood thing, you’ll need a good collector for doing businesses, specially collecting rent.
Don’t go for the aggressive maniac, you need someone that is persuasive, gets your money, but wont hurt the person in the process.
You need him healthy to keep on paying, and to avoid legal problems.

Machinist: A bit similar to the Craftman, but the machinist specializes on precise metal work. You’ll need him for gun accessories, help with projects, etc.

Farmer/rancher: Someone that can get you fresh food if it starts getting scarce, or find you good deals during the good times.

Gov. Employee: Yes, it’s like sleeping with the enemy, but someone that knows the ways of the “Dark Side” can save you from a lot of trouble, save you from otherwise month/year long waiting periods, just to mention one.

How to make “friends”?
Try being friendly generally speaking. I’m a naturally quiet person, I don’t like talking much with strangers, just not that kind of person. But I saw it for the flaw that it was, and I’ve been working hard in changing that.
Try to understand that not everyone thinks like you ( specially if you are a prepper/survivalist!) So try speaking their language , bite your tongue whenever you want to say things such as “That ‘s the most sheepish piece of brain washing crap I’ve ever heart”. I find myself avoiding saying that many times a day, but it’s important to be able to fit.

I’m getting pretty good results lately when I offer to take people shooting.
Its good for making bonds, those that are interested later appreciate it after you take them. You “converted” someone and maybe made a friend/contact, so it’s a dobule plus.

Anyway, this list is pretty short and missing a lot, but you get the idea.

OK guys and gals. This has been going great so far. I’m glad people are enjoying the blog.
Please, share and repost as much as you want, its ok. Just remember to include a link to the source so as to give credit from where you are getting it, as we usually do with everything else.

I owe many of you some posts. Marie, Kate and the other requests, I’ll work on them as soon as I can, ok? Please be patient.

Theotherryan, a judge would be PRICELESS. For real. I can assure you that if you can somehow make friendship with one, it’s about the best contact you can make.
I’d even place him above the cherished doctor.
A judge can help not only regarding legal harassment that can ruin your life ( talking based on personal experience) help after a self defense shooting, help during legal problems that would otherwise take years.

A judge should be top of your list, at least top 3.

People sometimes concentrate too much on the guns and shooting part ( agreed, it is more fun) but getting off the hook is just as important.
I know of a man that killed two during a home invasion. He happened to shoot them as they turned to leave, he even used the much romanticized lever action rifle ( remember all those posts about politically correct guns?) well, it did him little good.
He got charged, the judge considered that the wounds in the back where a sign of shooting while his life was not being threatened. He’s rotting in jail right now, for killing two robbers that broke into his home.
A judge friend would have helped a lot.
A cop friend in his district maybe could have avoided it all…

NWPilgrim, definitely, a church group does help a lot during these times.
Just the amount of people you get to meet who share your values is reason enough. Poor and middle class people rely a lot on their church groups for food, used clothing, finding work, etc.
Then you have the contacts we’re discussing here.

People, with 25% unemployment, most job offers don’t even get to the paper, they get covered before that, by friends, relatives, etc.
It helps a LOT to have a group of people that is willing to help.
“My son/wife/myself is looking for a job. Anyone knows of any opening?”
That’s how most people got their jobs, specially during the first few years after the crisis, and that’s how it still works most of the time. Specially when your profession or field of work isn’t very specialized, and you find 50 guys on the line the following day, applying for that same job.

Got to go guys. Thanks for chipping in with comments.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Предвестник

Re: Как жить а не выживать в кризис

Сообщение Предвестник »

Пост кризисный законный бизнес.

Пиводится длинное письмо в котором ставится вопрос о востребованных в пост-кризисной аргентине профессиях.

Как вы уже читали в моей книге я рекомендовал открыть  центр по присмотру за детьми или даже частную школу, позднее, потому что наблюдал достаточно часто успех этих предприятий.

Знаешь кто не выживает в экономическом коллапсе?
Те кто застывают и бездействуют, те кто не хотят меняться и ждут  того что все вернется назад.

Все изменилось, люди и их потребности, изменилась и их реакция. Вам нужен хороший продукт/обслуживание И хороший маркетинг.

Исследуй и пойми новый рынок найди свою нишу.

Учителя  являются малооплачиваемой профессией, все же те из них кто нашли лучший путь в оплачиваемых учебных заведениях добились большего. В некоторых таких школах они даже могут отдавать своих  детей.

Или я работал в телемаркетинге и аннглоговорящий работодатель платил мне вдвое больше за аналогичную работу сделанную испаноговорящим. В два раза больше плата  за вдвое большее количество интсрументов.

Хотя музыканты в большинстве своем бедны. Я знаю одну женщину в местном детском саду с хорошим голосом. Она записала свой диск договорилась с магазинами торгующими детской одеждой. И в них играет ее музыка, диски так же продаются. У нее хороший контракт, и диски продаются во всех испанских городах.

Навык работы в Интернете так же преимущество, вы можете продавать даже в Англии и Европе за евро.

Когда безработица становится всеобщей. Экономика застывает никто ничего не продает, и не тратит даже доллар.

Через несколько месяцев, когда все успокаивается траты урезаются до половины.
Работать на себя, даже частично означает иметь преимущество перед тем. Кто вынужден осваивать неизвестное.

В мире миллионы безработных, что им нужно? Они пытаются получить работу. Какими программами они интересуются?

Снова не мой случай, но пример курсы обучающие CAD и программам разработчиков стали популярнее. Многие студии осуществляют у нас свои проекты и им нужны квалифицированные работники. Безработица заставляет соглашаться на меньшую оплату. Но рабочим нужна подготовка.

Другой пример: поскольку выросли цены на импорт, местная продукция становится привлекательной. Поэтому машиностроение развивается и программное обеспечение CNC
Для машин и рабочих так же востребовано.

Твои вопросы ключ к ответу- помоги им выжить в коллапсирующей экономике.

Что ты должен предложить:
-это должно быть полезно. Стоить малых денег. Которые люди и компании сейчас имеют. Прежде чем они вложат деньги во что-то. Больше люди не делают так что записались и не посещают курсы.
-преимущества ваших консультаций/курса должны быть очевидны. Если вы возьмете газету половина вакансий требует знания 3D Studio любой болван поймет, что после ваших курсов 3D Studio они готовы к найму и работе.

Покупка книг или тернировок может быть для вас ценной. Я стараюсь использовать любую возможность для тренинга.

Писать для растущего рынка может быть выходом, но я признаю необходимость дополнительного обучения. Исследуйте аспекты новой работы и доолнительные навыки для нее.

Что получит безработный от ваших курсов, что получит компания от ваших консультаций, будут ли они готовы к трудным временам?

Диверсифицируйте, максимизируйте ресурсы, богатые клиенты в сети/реале, уменьшайте стоимость, урезайте ненужные траты, это все что можно написать на вашем бланке.

Надеюсь я подкинул вам пищу для размышлений.

Ферфал

-------------------------------
Post-crash white collar businesses?
Dear Fernando,

First, thank you for publishing your book. It was worth every penny. I will recommend it to select family and friends.

I seek your advice on the best post-crash, white collar businesses. I am a technical writer and trainer, specializing in software. I have a day job as a software training manager.

I have a side job writing technical books. I don't get rich from them, but they take the place of my wife's salary, now that she is a stay-at-home mom.

I am concerned that after the dollar has crashed (notice I am saying "when" and not "if"), that these types of books will not sell as well. My market is worldwide, but most of the sales come from the USA. Also, you can't really grow a business by being a solo author. To really grow, you need other people working for you. This rather lengthy introduction brings me to my question:

In your experience, after the crash in Argentina, were there any kinds of consulting or teaching services that businesses suddenly needed (and were willing to pay for), to help them survive the new economic conditions?

At this point, I'm really trying to decide between writing more books, and just letting the books go and switching to a consulting or training business. I'm thinking specifically of a company that would offer consulting and training in:
Using Moodle for e-learning. This is the subject of two of my books.
Dealing with information overload. How to be a more productive knowledge worker.
Using open source software for small-to-medium size businesses. Office applications, human resources management, accounting, customer relationships, social media for sales and marketing.
Was there any demand for these kinds of business services and training in post-crash Argentina? I'm trying to imagine the kind of consulting or training that a company will need in these difficult times to stay in business. Something targeted specifically towards the message, "Times are tough and if you want to stay in business, we can help by teaching you how to_____." It's that blank line that I'm having trouble filling in.

Thank you again for your book, and your blog. I very much value your advice and hope that you can give me a little insight to help me plan for my family's future.

Regards,
William

Hi William. You seem to be on the right track. Please note I’m not into finances, all I can give you is my humble advice based on what I’ve seen.

As you probably read in my book, if I recommend for example, starting a daycare center or even a private school later on, its because I’ve seen it done successfully enough times that it makes me notice that.

You know who fails after an economic crisis/collapse? Those that freeze and fail to act, those that stay the same waiting for things to go back to be the way they were. To get through it you need to understand a few things.

First, the rules of engagement have changed. You can no longer expect the old ones to apply, you can’t expect people to react as they did, they way they used to spend money, they way people and companies didn’t research each product or service in detail. You need a good product/service AND good marketing.

And second, investigate and understand that new market. Discover the new niches.

As time goes by, I firmly believe that there’s a new, post crisis niche out there for every activity, every line of work you can think of.

Teachers for example, for years it has been a poorly paid job and still is. Yet a teacher that finds his way into a nicer, bilingual school will do better, and in some they can send their own kids for free or considerable discounts. It’s no longer just the salary, you save on school payments as well.

Hey, I used to work on telemarketing. English speaking employees got paid twice as much as those that did it in Spanish. Same job, twice the salary because you have more tools than the other guy.

While musicians do poorly, there’s a local kindergarten teacher here that has a nice voice and is good enough with a guitar, so she recorded CDs for babies and small children, made contacts with stores that sell baby clothes… so that these stores would play her music, and offer the CDs for sale as well. As far as I know she’s now got a big contract and is selling her music in every Spanish speaking country, including Spain.

Being able to sell world wide is an advantage, you can maybe aim for UK market, learn what’s getting done there, what programs they are using. Working from the USA and getting paid on Euros would be nice.

There’s more than enough people in Argentina that saved their business by doing partnerships with companies form abroad, selling services to US and Europe.

Again, if there’s an economic collapse, you’re already ? way there William.

When unemployment became rampant, no one was selling anything, the first few months you could see the economy was totally frozen.

I kid you not people wouldn’t hire the neighborhood’s kid to paint a fence, no one wanted to spend a single buck.

After a few months when things calmed down after the initial shock, those getting laid off or getting their salaries cut to half, they all wanted to go independent.

Being already self employed, even though partially, already gives you an edge the guy that did the 9 to 5 thing all his life doesn’t have and is suddenly attempting to swim in unknown waters.

I have no knowledge of your line of work, but I’d orient it to that new guy, the guy that lost his job recently, or the one that is smelling the coffee, knowing that even though he still has a job he could be the next one.

There’s millions of unemployed right now. What do you think they are doing? Their trying to get busy! What programs would they need, which ones are sought after?

Again, not my thing but for example, classes, and courses that taught CAD and design programs suddenly became more popular. Many studios were doing jobs for abroad as I mentioned before, and they needed to hire workers. Who were they going to hire? Young kids who they could pay less of course. Those young adults (or unemployed older ones) needed some formation.

Another example. As prices for import goods goes up, local production gets more attention. That means more local machinery being build, and software for CNC machines and workers is required.

Your own question has the key to the answer: help them survive the new economic conditions.

Whatever it is you offer:

*It must be useful. Worth the little money people and companies now have. Before, they would through money at anything, just in case. Heck, people would even sign up for classes or courses and not even show up. Not any more.

*The potential benefits your consulting or teaching business offers must be clear to see and understand. Example. If you pick the newspaper and ? of the design related jobs are asking for people that know 3D Studio, anyone with half a brain will get it that after he/she takes your course, they are ready for a line of work in demand.

Buying books or training, they can both be profitable for you. Personally, in your situation, I’m slightly inclined to exploiting the training opportunities if you enjoy that more than writing.

Writing for an emerging market can work ok, but I’d satisfy the need for training for the new employment challenges. Explore the aspects of the new jobs on demand, what kind of training they are requiring.

The unemployed guy reads you ad, an article or finds your website or reads about you at the local paper. Will he have better tools to compete on the job market if he receives your training? Will a struggling company become ready for the harder times thanks to your consulting?

Diversify, maximize resources, reach clients abroad/worldwide, minimize cost, cut unnescesary expenses, multitask your employees. These are all words that could fill in your blank.

I hope I at least gave you a few more things to think about and consider.

Take care.

FerFAL
Posted by FerFAL at 1:52 PM 5 comments 
Labels: Economy, jobs, work
Предвестник

Сообщение Предвестник »

Делать деньги после кризиса.

Люди часто спрашивают меня о работе. Но на самом деле их интересуют деньги.
Фактически большинство людей имеющих МНОГО денег работают мало а большинство работающих много удовлетворяют только свои основные нужды.

Хотите чтоб я сказал какую работу вы наиболее вероятно найдете в кризис? Легко-охрана\безопасность.. Математический факт 50% предложений о работе имеют одни и те же требования:
Мужчина, рост 1.75 минимум, школьное образование, разрешение на оружие. Работа в частной охране наиболее вероятно встретится в аргентине или любой другой кризисной стране.

Следующее по популярности предложение о работе для дам.
Молодая девушка, прекрасная внешность, возраст 18-25, опыт работы не требуется, фотография в полный рост.

О чем это. Им нужны горячие девочки для встреч и представления. Когда уровень безработицы высок. Доказано что горячие девчонки, раздающие объявления и памфлеты работают.  Обычно это слишком дорого. Но в кризис вы  получаете девчонок выглядящих как начинающие модели. Это работа которую можно найти во время рецессии.
Стезя частного охранника так же опасна как плавание в реке с крокодилами.

Гм. Как насчет того чтоб поменять вопрос. Как можно делать деньги в кризис?

Теперь мы, куда то пришли. У меня нет ответов как сделать вас богатым. Я лишь знаю, что помогало другим.

Есть несколько путей решения проблемы

А) Делайте то что любите делать/то, что вы делаете хорошо

Это обычная рекомендация, но люди плохо слушают. Это то, что советуют родители.
Это работает потому что работа с пристрастием дает результат.
Идите в соответствующее учебное учреждение/курсы или изучите  какое-нибудь ремесло. Не имеет значения если вы доктор, адвокат или кровельщик. Некоторые направления работают в кризис лучше и ваши шансы повышаются.
Вопреки распространенному мнению при безработице многие люди учатся и читают книги, потому что это лучше чем сидеть в депрессии.
Снова, в некоторых случаях быть хорошим в каком то деле попросту недостаточно. Иногда даже если вы лучший  кризис может сильно ударить.
Кузнецы например. Многие сурвайверы думают что кузнецы в кризис будут очень востребованы.
Но почему тогда лучшие кузнецы бедны?
Я объясню-потому что мне не нужен крутой красивый нож рчной работы мне проще купит в магазине заводской нож.
Не понимающие этого, продолжающие продавать дорогие ножи долго не продержатся.

Б) соответствовать не занятой нише.
То где многие имели удачу благодаря кризису. Я говорю о больших деньгах в некоторых случаях. Эти случаи о которых я упоминаю обусловлены тем что они соответствовали новым требованиям кризиса.
Это реальные люди, заработавшие реальные деньги.
1) Пассажирские перевозки. Иметь маршрут автобусов неплохой вариант.
Много бедных более дорогое горючее- повышается необходимость транспорта.
Но Фер фал я не Билл Гейтс, я не могу заниматься этим бизнесом.
Существует альтернатива, выдуманная одним парнем. За 5 баксов это парень на своем микроавтобусе отвозил группу людей от пригорода в центр на работу ежедневно.
Заплати еще 5 долларов и он отвезет тебя из центра в пригород в конце дня.. Это немного дороже чем обычный автобус но более комфортно. Начинал тот парень с одним или двумя микроавтобусами.
(пример у всех пред глазами-маршрутки) Но вариантов в перевозках еще достаточно.

2) Безопасность.
Я говорил миллион раз частная охрана будет очень востребована с ростом преступности. Согласитесь охранять какой-нить богатый район, расставив людей на ключевых местах. Соответственно криминал переместится в неохраняемые районы. О вас пойдет слава и другие так же захотят нанять охрану. Будьте серьезны и профессиональны и с ростом преступности частные оранные компании будут хорошим финансовым подспорьем.

3) образование
С падением системы государственного образования и ухудшения его качества. Вам захочется лучшего образования для детей. Мать не может заниматься образованием в силу необходимости работы. С ростом цен и инфляции работа обоих родителей станет обычным делом. Респектабельный сосед, которому родители доверяют может открыть частную школу. Не дорогую. Но дающую хорошее образование и с хорошей атмосферой. Это должно совпадать с необходимостью денег и тем что вы любите делать, в противном случае вы не преуспеете.

4) Одалживать деньги.
Кредитов нет поэтому заем небольших денег (1000-2000 максимум) может стать выходом.
Наибольшая проблема здесь что вам нужны мускулы что собрать деньги или иметь связь с компанией коллекторов.

5)Домашний бизнес.
Это довольно рискованно и я (Ферфал) знаю много неудачных историй, больше чем успешных.
Начинать бизнес в кризис рискованно (мягко сказано).
Некоторые идеи почти гарантированный провал.

Компьютерный магазин продающий запчасти и программы, оказывающий услуги по ремонту-плохой выбор. В кризис люди стараются экономить и избегать лишних трат. Есть только два успешных магазина, но они оперируют с огромным количеством товаров по низким ценам. Этот бизнес требует капитала, связей и знаний. Однозначно не для начинающих.
Небольшие магазины в основном плохо пережили кризис. Магазины видеопроката, например-сотни закрылись, несколько выжило. У людей мало денег и они предпочитают загружать фильмы сами, экономя пару долларов.

Начало своего бизнеса требует глубоких познаний в рынке и нише который вы хотите получить, если вы хотите преуспеть.

К примеру я знаю одного парня который создал хороший бизнес на одежде. Он хорошо знал дело, знал что остались люди с деньгами из среднего класса-меньше но остались. Они не могли позволить себе  брендовую одежду но хотели получить хорошую одежду.
И он предоставил им эту одежду по приемлемой цене.

Существует много идей бизнеса и ниш которые можно занять это лишь примеры.

----------------------------------------
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Making money after the crisis
I’ve been asked this a couple times and guess it’s time to go through a few things again.
I’m not even going to talk much about jobs specifically.
People will ask “what jobs”, but that’s not really what they want to know. They want to know how to make money to get by.
Problem is making money and working isn’t always related. As a matter of fact most people that have a LOT of money work relatively little. Just like a lot of people that work VERY hard ALL day many times barely make enough money to survive.
You want me to tell you what jobs you’ll be more likely to find after a crisis? Easy.
Security.

I can open the newspaper on the couple pages with job adds, drop my finger with my eyes closed and I can bet good money my super divination powers will tell me what that add is about.

I can even use my prophetic powers and tell you many of the words you’ll find in the add.:)
Serious, it’s a mathematic fact, since 50% job offers are the same:
Male, 1,75 height minimum, school diploma, CLU (gun license card)

Private security job offers are BY FAR, the most common adds you’ll find in Argentina or in any country that’s gone through a crisis.

Second most popular add is for the ladies. Would read something like this:
Young lady, excellent presence. Age 18-25. No Prior experience required. Full body photo required.

What’s this about? They want hot looking women for promotions and events.
When unemployment is so high, it’s been proved that hot looking women advertising and giving away pamphlets works. Usually its too expensive. But with a crisis you’ll have girls that look like models begging for work. With high unemployment they can afford to audition lots of them.
Then, there’s the ever popular telemarketer..
These are jobs you can probably get during the recession.
Salary? Well, they’ll border slavery. And the private guard gig is as dangerous as swimming with starved crocodiles.

Hmmm.. how about changing the question then? :)
How do I “make” money?
Now we’re getting somewhere.
I have no secret that will make you rich. What I can tell you is what I’ve seen others do that worked well for them.
There are several fronts from where you can attack the problem.

a)Do what you love doing/ What you are good at.

This is always recommended but people hardly listen. Parents and grandparents usually recommend it, but why?
Because it works. Because when you do something passionately you usually do it well, thus greater chances of making money.

Go to college or community college, or learn some craft.
Doesn’t matter if you are a doctor, lawyer or carpenter. Some lines of work do better than others during recession, but if you are good at it your chances are good.

Contrary to what many believe, when there’s really high unemployment, more people go study and hit the books. Why? Because there’s no job and it’s better than staying home depressed.

Then again, in some cases just being very good at something simply isn’t enough. Sometimes even if you are good, even the best, the economic crisis will hit you and hit you hard.
Blacksmithing for example. Many survivalists thought blacksmithing for some reason would be in high demand.
Why are the best blacksmiths in the country doing so poorly then?
Want to know why?
Because I don’t “need” a fancy handmade blade, certainly not when money is tight. If I need a knife I can buy one in a store for a fraction f the money and it will still serve me well.
Besides, competition is fierce due to unemployment, even among blacksmiths. The more competitive, the more they have to lower the prices.
Today I can buy a handmade knife rather cheap.
The handful that refuse to see these and still sell knives at several hundred bucks hardly stay afloat with thanks to a few high end customers, most of them from abroad. As the crisis spreads all over I fear they’ll be doing even worse.

b)Satisfy an unsatisfied niche.
This is where many have made real fortunes THANKS to the depression. I’m talking about a lot of money in some cases.
The cases I’ll mention are ones that I know of and that have had lots of success precisely because they satisfy a new need created by the crisis.

These aren’t my “guesses” or “estimations”. These are real people doing very real money.

1)Transportation business.
Owning a bus line is very good business. There’s more poor, fuel is more expensive, thus, there’s more need for public transportation.
Doesn’t take a genius to figure out why bus companies are making nice money here these days.
“But FerFAL, I’m not Bill Gates, I can’t afford this BS your talking about”
Well, that happened to some people here too. But they didn’t cry a river because they didn’t have that kind of capital.
What they did was offer another alternative: Combies.
For 5 bucks, this guy takes a bunch of people in his minibus from suburbia to downtown to work, everyday.
Pay another 5 bucks and they drive you back to suburbia at the end of the day.
It’s a bit more expensive than the ordinary bus but it’s faster, you travel seated, doesn’t smell like urine, and has working AC, and it’s still ? the price of the fuel you’d need to do that trip with your own car.
These guys started with one or two minibus, then added more, hired drivers. Then started selling the “brand” people with their own buses using the brand name and logistics, for a fair %, of course.
Now that’s smart. That’s learning to exploit the needs of the new market. Give the economy Nobel prize to the guys that came up with “Lomas Express” and “Adrogue Bus”.

2)Security.
I’ve said it a million times. Private security will be the greatest gig once crime goes up.
If you want, becoming a cop will be an alternative given that USA cops are well paid and there’s WILL be a growing demand for them.
But for those with the vision, a private security company can mean a lot of money.
Offering security to some high end neighborhood. You set a guy on a few strategic corners.
It’s obvious that if you are getting paid by say, 3 blocks, and you only set guards on those 3 places, criminals will start hunting out of the “guarded” territory. Soon the word gets around and they’ll want a guard of their own to keep an eye on things.
Be serious, be professional, and as crime goes up a private security company will be a good money maker for you.

3)Education.
As public education goes down and the O indoctrination gets worse, you’ll want better education for your kids. Mom can’t afford to home school any more, she has to work now. As salaries keep going down, due to cuts or indirectly due to inflation, both parents working becomes more and more common.
A respectable neighbor that parents trusts can set up a private school. One that’s not expensive but offers good atmosphere and a good education level.
I’ve seen it done a number of times, and know of several people that did very well with their schools or daycare centers. (mom has to work, remember?)
This would fall both in the “market need” and “things you love doing” category, since making a school and teaching has to be something you love doing. Do it just for the money and chances are you wont be good at it.

4)Lending money.
There’s no credit, so lending a little money (usually 1000 or 2000 tops) is a good deal for some people.
The greatest problem here is that you need some “muscle” that will collect those that want to get off the hook. So this can be a bit “grayish”. Either that or have a collector’s company that are real sharks. Anyway, lots of new places lending money, so I guess it’s good business.

5)Home business.
This is a bit more tricky and I probably know more failure stories than success ones.
Starting a business during a recession is “risky” to say the least.

Some things are almost certain failures.

A computer shop that just sells hardware and software and assembles PC and offers network and repair service has a poor success rate.
During a recession people buy very little, they try to save as much money as possible, usually take the time and trouble to learn how to assemble stuff themselves.
The one or two successful hardware dealers that I know of operate with HUGE volumes of merchandize, and offer VERY low prices and publicize on line.
These are businesses that required capital, lots of “know how”, import contacts, and certainly not for amateurs. Try opening the friendly computer shop on your own and more than likely you’ll fail.
Small shops in general do poorly during recessions.
Video rental stores for example, they’ve closed by the hundreds and few survive.
People have little money and prefer to download the movies themselves to safe a few bucks. Before they didn’t care, but when money gets tight they do.
Running your own business requires a deep knowledge of the niche and market if you want to have any chance of success.

For example, I know a guy that made a good business with clothes.
He knew the are well, knew that there was still some people with money, middle class, but a middle class less powerful than before.
They couldn’t afford the fancy brand name clothing they once did, but he expected to do well if he offered good clothing, nice fashionable designs, but at an affordable price. The store had to look a mixture of cozy and high end, and a designer was required for the store, a professional graphic designer for the advertisement displayed and labels used in the clothing. This was how the “Snowball” brand was created. He ended up opening over a dozen stores in the southern suburbs of Bs As.
Need a present for someone? Most of the time women do the buying, and most of the time they buy clothes. Snowball is affordable and people like it.

There are many, many other stories and niches that were exploited.

These are just a few business ideas to think about.
Think how you can make money in your region by satisfying the new niches being created by the economic crisis.

FerFAL
Posted by FerFAL at 7:41 PM 2 comments 
Labels: business, jobs, money, work
GoBlin
Ц.И.А.Н.
Ц.И.А.Н.

Сообщение GoBlin »

Хочется первым отметить важный момент расейской (да и не только) реальности - для успешного продолжения своего дела нужны связи-связи-связи.
Начинать бизнес - означает кому-то, да становиться конкурентом. Значит, нужно дружить с какими надо людьми, это я так аккуратно намекаю.

Вообще, связи нужны не только в кризис. Даже не так - не нужны, а актуальны. Вся жизнь человека - связи как следствие общения. Тот, кто не запирается в своей отшельнической келье перед монитором, эти связи уже имеет. Как следствие - советы Ферфала такой человек воспринимает не как направление поиска, а как отметки на полях своих мысленных планов.

P.S. Предвестнику уважение и благодарность за перевод.
Последний раз редактировалось GoBlin 09.12.2009, 12:57, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
N ≡ C – C ≡ N
Ответить